- This event has passed.
ExporTech Maine 2018
April 5 @ 8:30 am - June 14 @ 5:00 pm
ExporTech™ is a national export assistance program that applies a structured export strategy development process to help companies enter or expand in global markets. Since 2007, 196 ExporTech™ programs have been delivered in 34 states and Puerto Rico with over 1,000 participating companies.
Unlock Your Global Growth Potential through ExporTech!
Over a 10-week period:
- Participate in 3 one-day workshops (April 5, May 10, and June 14)
- Obtain individualized coaching to develop an actionable export growth plan
- Present your export growth plan to experienced international business people for feedback
Who is a Good Fit for ExporTech?
- ExporTech™ is intended for forward-looking small and mid-market manufacturers that want to expand global sales.
- Most participants already export.
- The process is designed for executive leadership, such as the CEO, VP of International Sales, VP or Director of Sales, Marketing or Business Development. Most companies involve multiple staff to get the most out of the process.
- On average, participating companies generate $500,000 – $700,000 in new export sales
- Many companies generate export sales within 6 months of completing the program
- The average participant reported cost and investment savings of $91,000
- The average company created 5 new jobs
Want to learn more?
View or download the flyer (PDF document) with more details, including the program timeline.
Michael Stone, President of Stone & Associates, is one of the principal architects of the ExporTech™ program. As one of the program’s leaders, master facilitators and content developers, he has collaborated with export assistance organizations (US Export Assistance Centers, state trade offices, district export councils, SBDCs, etc.) across dozens of states. His client experience includes government/non-profit economic development organizations that serve manufacturing companies, Fortune 500 companies and small- and mid-market industrial firms. His engagements have required an understanding of global markets throughout North and South America, Europe, and Asia, and have involved a wide range of industries, including medical devices and equipment, major appliances, consumer and specialty glass products, personal protective equipment, pharmaceuticals, automotive, specialty wire products, fabricated metal components, plastic products, and fiber optic cable.
April 5, 2018
May 10, 2018
June 14, 2018
Maine International Trade Center
2 Portland Fish Pier (Marine Trade Center), Suite 204
Cost & Registration
SBA eligible: $1,500 per company
Non-SBA eligible: $4,000 per company
Note: Company may bring up to 4 people at no additional charge.
On completion, the company will receive complimentary business matchmaking (USDOC Gold Key Service or other pre-approved source) – up to a $1,200 value – to assist in implementing their export plan.
Space is limited, so register today!
Reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities will be made if requested at least two weeks in advance. Contact Cheryl Rau at (207) 541-7400, if you require accommodation.