- This event has passed.
Maine Education Mission to Mexico and Colombia
March 11 - March 17
Mexico City & Bogota
With a growing middle class, a large youth population, and increasing demand for education, Mexico is a strong market for student recruitment. The world’s 16th largest economy, over 46% of Mexico’s citizens are under 24 years old.
The United States is a leading destination for Colombian students due to higher employment opportunities after graduation, the high quality of education, and a renewed push by the Government of Colombia to encourage English bilingualism. Colombia is ranked 3rd among South American countries and 23rd in the world in sending students to the United States.
- Customized One-on-One Appointments: Gold Key Matching Service individual meetings in Mexico City and Bogota based on your school’s goals.
- In-Country Research: Research will be conducted by industry specialists, and you’ll have the opportunity to meet via teleconference to discuss your school’s objectives before leaving Maine.
- Market Briefings: Learn more about current economic and political conditions in Mexico and Colombia, as well as neighboring countries.
- Group Tours and Events: Visit high schools and higher-education institutions and meet with local embassy staff to gain first-hand knowledge of the education environment.
Sunday, March 11 – Depart Maine, arrive in Mexico City
Monday, March 12 – Commercial Service briefing, school visit, and Gold Key matchmaking meetings with education agents
Tuesday, March 13 – school visit, Gold Key matchmaking meetings with education agents, and Visa briefing (for school counselors, students, agents)
Wednesday, March 14 – Gold Key matchmaking meetings with education agents, school visit, and potential visit to Querétaro
Thursday, March 15 – Travel to Bogota
Friday, March 16 – Commercial Service briefing and Gold Key matchmaking meetings with education agents
Saturday, March 17 – Depart for Maine
Cost & Deadline
StudyMaine members: $6,900 per person ($4,000 per person for Mexico only)
Non-members: $7,700 per person ($4,700 per person for Mexico only)
- Gold Key Matching Service
- Mission and meeting coordination
- Pre-mission research, seminar, and videoconference
- Group meals where indicated
- Networking events
- Group transportation within Mexico City and Bogota
- Hotel accommodations
- International airfare
- Non-group meals
- Individual transportation within Mexico and Colombia
- Interpreting/translation services
- Air freight of promotional materials
- Travel insurance
- Incidental expenditures
NOTE: International airfare is NOT included in the price of the trade mission.
A partial refund on the participation fee may be offered on cancellation requests received in writing by January 31, 2018; thereafter, no refund can be given. MITC cannot be held responsible for late or unexpected meeting changes, cancellations by international clients, or unforeseen circumstances. Programming is subject to change based on the needs of the delegation.
Registration and payment are required by January 31, 2018.