Each year MITC organizes a large State of Maine Trade Mission, usually with the Governor, as well as smaller (often industry-specific) missions. Trade missions are particularly useful for first time exporters or companies that have had difficulty expanding into a particular country or market. Trade Missions provide one-on-one meetings with potential foreign trade partners and unique networking opportunities. MITC arranges most details including transportation, translators and business meetings.
We invite you to consider participating in one of our upcoming trade missions.
Past trade missions
- State of Maine Trade Mission to China: Hong Kong & Shanghai, September 8-15, 2012
- 2012: Maine Trade Mission to Toronto, August 11-16
- 2012: Maine Advanced Materials Mission to Quebec: Magog & Montreal, June 11-13
- 2011: State of Maine Trade Mission to Chile & Brazil, Nov. 12–19
- 2011: Food Industry Trade Mission to East Asia, Aug. 29–Sept. 9
- 2011: Maine Education & Energy Mission to South Korea, April 3–9
- 2010: Eastern Trade Council Trade Mission to Ankara & Istanbul, Turkey, March 15-19
- 2009: Madrid/Zaragoza, Spain – Bremen, Germany, Sept. 19-26
- 2008: Canada – Toronto & Vancouver, Nov. 16-21
- 2007: South Korea and Japan, Oct. 27–Nov. 3
- 2005: France, Oct. 22–29
- 2004: Italy and Germany, Nov. 13–20