- This event has passed.
International Small Package Shipping – Spring 2019
June 5 @ 11:00 am - 11:45 am
Learn how to best take advantage of what the big three (UPS, DHL, and FedEx) offer and be confident that your shipments are export compliant, as well as a few “gotchas” to avoid. Our presenter, a former logistics manager whose team did 85-100 smalI pack exports/day, will share her best tricks of the trade.
Who should attend:
- Small business or start up business owners considering international sales
- Any business with online retail sales
- Employees responsible for shipping and processing of orders
Topics covered include:
- Risks when shipping internationally
- Must-dos for my first international orders
- Basic documentation
- Key points of export compliance made simple for small volume exporters
- Best markets for small volume exporters
- Business considerations as potential for international sales increase
Kristen Morneau, a Senior Advisor at Mohawk Global Trade Advisors, has worked in
international trade compliance and logistics for over two decades. As a former logistics and
trade compliance manager, she implemented an export compliance program and created a
process for automation of order holds for export controlled goods.
MITC Members: $15 per person
Non-Members: $25 per person