Maine Education Mission to Africa
February 6, 2019 - February 13, 2019
Nigeria and Ghana
Join us to explore recruitment opportunities in Africa and introduce your school to education agents, students, and parents from Nigeria and Ghana. StudyMaine will lead a delegation of Maine educational institutions to two vibrant cities and help you make the right connections for successful recruitment.
- Nigeria is the largest source of students from Sub-Saharan Africa in the U.S. and the largest country in Africa with more than 190 million people.
- Ghana is likely to have one of the world’s fastest-growing economies this year according to the World Bank, the African Development Bank, and the International Monetary Fund.
Now is the time to build relationships and develop your opportunities in Africa. Don’t wait until it is too late!
- Customized One-on-One Appointments: Gold Key Service individual meetings in each city based on your school’s goals.
- In-Country Research: Research will be conducted by industry specialists, and you’ll have the opportunity to meet via teleconference to discuss your school’s objectives before leaving Maine.
- Market Briefings: Learn more about current economic and political conditions in Nigeria and Ghana, as well as neighboring countries.
- Group Tours and Events: Visit high schools and higher-education institutions and meet with local embassy staff to gain first-hand knowledge of the education environment.
Cost & Deadline
StudyMaine members: $6,900 per person
Non-members: $8,900 per person
Flights within Africa
Gold Key Service
Mission and meeting coordination
Pre-mission research, seminar, and videoconference
Group meals where indicated
Group transportation within Nigeria and Ghana
International airfare to and from Africa
Individual transportation within Nigeria and Ghana
Air freight of promotional materials
NOTE: International airfare to and from Africa is NOT included in the price of the trade mission.
A partial refund on the participation fee may be offered on cancellation requests received in writing by December 7, 2018; thereafter, no refund can be given. MITC cannot be held responsible for late or unexpected meeting changes, cancellations by international clients, or unforeseen circumstances. Programming is subject to change based on the needs of the delegation.
Registration and payment are required by December 7, 2018.