- This event has passed.
Mastering Export Documentation: What you don’t know can hurt you!
November 7, 2019 @ 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
- Have you had a shipment “stuck” in Customs because a document is missing or not filled out correctly?
- Do you copy information from a prior shipping document to complete all required fields when you are uncertain about the meaning?
- Has your company been charged “documentation” fees or had a shipment held up because the documents had to be corrected?
Many companies suffer unnecessary shipment delays, Customs audits, and demurrage charges due to incomplete or inaccurate documentation for shipments. During this one-day program, you will learn step-by-step how to correctly fill out international documents, where to find needed information, and when specific documents are required.
Who should attend?
Traffic managers, purchasing managers, shipping/receiving personnel, compliance officers, sales managers, customer service managers, and anyone involved or concerned with international shipments.
- Understanding and knowing when Commercial invoices, packing lists, EEI’s, and Certificates of Origin are required
- Documents to reduce delays, eliminate demurrage, and shorten your product cycle
- Why a DCS statement should be used on all on domestic and export commercial invoices
- NAFTA Certificate of Origin common errors and when you should or shouldn’t fill one out
Mike Allocca of Allocca Enterprises, a nationally recognized expert in areas of export compliance and winner of the prestigious President’s E Award for excellence in export development training.
SBA-Eligible Companies: $75 per person
Non-SBA-Eligible Companies: $250 per person
Location & Parking
Maine Port Authority International Marine Terminal, 454 Commercial Street, Portland, ME 04101
Please use the entrance on the Commercial Street side of the building. This is a secure building, and staff will need to open the door for you to enter. The training room is on the first floor next to the entrance.
If spaces are available, you may park in the parking lot beside the smaller building at 460 Commercial Street or in the overflow area beneath the bridge. There is also a city-owned lot across the street (Angelo’s Acre, 441 Commercial Street, 207-874-8444) for $5/day with a pay station for cash or credit card.
Reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities will be made if requested at least two weeks in advance. Contact Cheryl Rau at (207) 541-7400, if you require accommodation.