- This event has passed.
Scandinavian Trade Mission: Norway & Sweden
June 7, 2016 - June 15, 2016
The Maine North Atlantic Development Office (MENADO) at Maine International Trade Center (MITC) is organizing a Scandinavian Trade Mission to Norway and Sweden for businesses to explore exciting opportunities in Maine’s life sciences, marine technology, and ocean cluster sectors.
- Learn how to sell to hospitals in Norway directly from HINAS, Norway’s national group purchasing organization owned by the four Norwegian Health Authorities serving all Norwegian public hospitals
- Meet with University and industrial players in Stockholm and Uppsala to engage with a mature network of life sciences, medtech, pharma and biotech businesses and innovators
Marine Technology and Ocean Clusters
- Explore supply chain opportunities for your business in Scandinavia’s maritime industry and ocean clusters
- Meet with affiliates of Norway’s emerging Ocean Space Center in Trondheim
- Connect with members and projects under Norway’s Coastal Green Shipping Program and Sweden’s national maritime cluster
Join Maine International Trade Center, MENADO, and the U.S. Commercial Service for a trade mission to Oslo and Stockholm and leverage the resources of Maine’s excellent and supportive network partnerships with Eimskip, Rambøll, OCO Global, and the U.S. Embassies in each market.
- Pre-Trip Market Research and Orientation
- Advance Marketing Assistance and Media Support
- Market Briefings in Each Market
- Business Networking Events
- On-the-Ground Staff Support Throughout the Mission
- Industry Tours and Targeted Business Networking with the Marine/Ocean Cluster and Life Sciences Cluster in Each Market
- Invest in Maine Life Sciences Event in Uppsala
- Optional Business Matchmaking and Meeting Support (for additional fee)
Tuesday, June 7
Depart Boston for Oslo
Wednesday, June 8
Arrive Oslo, Early Morning
Embassy Briefing at Hotel and Business Meetings
Thursday, June 9
Marine/Ocean Cluster Outreach & Meetings with Norway’s Ocean Space Center affiliates – Trondheim
Life Sciences Event: Selling to the Norwegian Health Authorities; presentation and hospital procurement visits – Oslo
Friday, June 10
Morning Business Meetings and Evening Networking Event at the U.S. Ambassador’s Residence Co-Hosted with Norway’s Ministry of Trade, Industry & Fisheries
Saturday, June 11
Evening Travel to Stockholm (Group travel, by train)
Sunday, June 12
Optional Group Activities
Monday, June 13
Embassy Briefing at Hotel and Business Meetings in Stockholm
Evening Networking Reception at the Ambassador’s Residence
Tuesday, June 14
Life Sciences Industry Outreach & Meetings and Invest in Maine Event – Uppsala
Wednesday, June 15
Business Meetings and Evening Departure from Stockholm
Costs & Deadline
Norway & Sweden: $3,700
Norway only: $2,400
Sweden only: $2,400
Optional business matchmaking and meeting support services are available for an additional fee.
A limited number of STEP Financial Assistance Awards of up to $1,000 per company are available to qualified, registered businesses participating in export matchmaking services. Available on first-come, first-served basis.
Pricing includes: Mission and meeting coordination; Pre-mission research; Norway and Sweden market briefings and pre-trip orientation; Group meals where indicated; Receptions and networking events; Group transportation within Norway and Sweden
Pricing does NOT include: Business matchmaking services; Airfare; Hotel Accommodations; Non-group meals; Individual transportation within Norway and Sweden; Interpreting/translation services; Air freight of promotional materials; Travel insurance; Incidental expenditures
Registration and payment are required by April 22, 2016. Space is limited!